Wednesday, April 22, 2009

In order to keep my bike-blogging credentials intact

You ain't part of the blogosphere unless you posted this video:


Seriously, this is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. The opening is great, with just a hint of the failures and falls on the way to doing such awesome stuff. This type of bike riding is called "Trials" riding, and there's a circuit, with competitions--you have a course that you either have to complete in a certain time, with time penalties for "dabbing" (putting a foot down) or maybe there's a subjective judging element; I forget. The point is, if you ever see a poster up for "Bicycle Trials" at your local minor-league hockey arena (or similar venue), go! It will be awesome. I saw a TV segment on this once as a kid, and ever since, it's been something I've aspired to.

So far, all I've succeeded in doing is learning how to bike really slowly.

1 comment:

Jim said...

yeah, this guy is unbelievable, isn't he?!?!? you can find some other videos around (a quick dig around on nsmb.com will find a few) but this is definitely chock full of highlights. they say go big or go home. he, uh, didn't go home...